About Coats Digital
Coats Digital ( https://www.coatsdigital.com/ ) is the software business of Coats Group (FTSE 250) the world’s leading industrial thread company delivering innovation, digital solutions and sustainable value to c. 40,000 customers in over 100 countries around the globe.
We leverage deep industry and technology expertise to create business critical software solutions specifically for fashion brands, retailers and manufacturers delivering tangible improvements in speed/agility, productivity/cost and sustainability across the end-to-end supply chain. Our industry leading solutions allow customers to optimize, connect and accelerate key processes from design and development, to costing, sourcing and production planning and control.
Coats Digital supports customers on the digital transformation journey, solving their key pain points in the supply chain, which is critical to achieving their strategic objectives. Specialist, business critical solutions, created for fashion businesses and proven to deliver significant, measurable and sustainable improvements in operational and financial performance, while concurrently delivering on compliance and CSR commitments.
This role will assist with the creation of manual and automated test scripts in order to increase the test coverage of Coats Digital products and ensure the existing software quality. You will work with other members of the QA team to ensure delivery to agreed standards in a timely manner.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
- Support the test process by creating manual and automated test scripts
- Preparation and review of manual and automated test scripts
- Triage issues found into the automated test scripts
- Understand underlying system architecture and requirements
- Perform automated and/or manual tests on all products prior to release
- Track and maintain defects in the defect management system and aid the development team to ensure proper resolution.
- Report directly to the QA Lead
- Communicate issues to all levels within the company
- Any other duties or special projects as reasonably requested by the Company
Education, Qualifications and Experience
(Include skills and competencies required to perform the role competently)
- A structured and methodical approach
- Experience of automated test tools using .NET drivers (eg Selenium using C#)
- Experience of API test tools (eg Postman)
- Experience of creating manual and automated test scripts from documentation
- An excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills – the ability to analyse and describe complex functions
- Articulate scenarios which cause system defects both verbally and written
- Explain test process ideas
- Challenge workflows and business processes for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Explain system faults and new solutions
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone, or as part of a small team
- Flexible approach to changing work tasks
- Passionate about testing
- Enthusiastic about tackling new challenges
- A positive, hardworking team player
- Willing to develop knowledge and experience – self-taught if needed
- Good time management skills – able to organise and maintain own schedule
- Experience of MS Office™
- Experience of working with BDD (eg Cucumber, Gherkin, SpecFlow)
- Experience of manual software testing
- Experience creating test cases from user or technical documents.
- Raising new bugs in the defect management system
- Experience of databases – MS SQL Server or SQL Express
- Experience of Azure DevOps
- Experience of Agile methods such as Scrum