The Business Analyst will be a pivotal member of the Product Team in understanding, questioning, documenting and communicating software requirements so they can be fully understood. This will be achieved by forming strong working relationships with all product stakeholders and the sprint team to ensure the delivery of world class software
Reporting to the Product Owner, the Business Analyst will be responsible for working with stakeholders during the design, build and testing of the software development sprints. Working closely with both the sprint team and other product stakeholders the Business Analyst will be able to understand and communicate complex processes so they can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
The Business Analyst will become a domain knowledge expert in the apparel production planning sector and utilise this expertise through understanding, simplifying, and communicating functional software requirements.
The key accountable areas of the role are:
- Gather requirements using suitable techniques
- Understand requirements gathered from product stakeholders
- Question and validate the gathered requirements
- Story mapping and breaking down of Epics into Features and User Stories
- Document requirements to a level where they are understood by the sprint team
- Document proposed solution obtaining necessary buy in from stakeholders
- Define fully developed acceptance criteria for each User Story
- Produce product release notes and help documentation
- Work as part of the technical team to define solutions to meet stakeholder requirements
- Feed into the prioritisation of the product backlog and ensure priority items are fully understood prior to sprint planning
- Evaluate proposed solutions from the perspective of all stakeholders to analyse the potential impacts
- Assist the sprint team in defining unit tests and automated planning test cases
- Guide the QA team on regression test areas
- Participate in user acceptance testing
You must excel at:
- Being analytical and thorough in all tasks assigned.
- Using a variety of analytical techniques available to get a rounded understanding of the task in hand
- Breaking down large, detailed and complex processes into understandable pieces of information to provide clarity to all stakeholders
- Building consistent frameworks to help standardise proposed solutions
- Understanding the impact of the proposed solutions on different stakeholder groups
- Running through multiple scenarios from multiple view points to find the best solution considering all involved stakeholders
- Owning all tasks to completion using available resources as necessary
- Working through complex issues to understand underlying causes or issues and requests rather than the described symptoms
- Questioning everything
- Looking at the issues and requests from many viewpoints to understand the impact of any decisions on different stake holder groups
- Effectively Communicating and build strong working relationships internal employees at all levels.
- Leading workshops (both internal and external) to understand and gather product requirements
- Facilitating meetings and SCRUM ceremonies
- Communicating solution design decisions and backlog priority to all stakeholders
- Conflict resolution between the technical team and the stakeholders to come to a mutual agreement
- Give compelling presentations up to and including board level.
- Describing complex ideas and potential solutions to offshore teams using a variety of communication channels
- Documenting Epics, Features and User Stories to the required detail so that they can be understood by the intended audience
- Creating clear and concise documentation to support communication of defined processes and ideas
- Process modelling to create compelling, yet easy to understand, visual representations of complex information
- Creating product specific documentation such as release notes, user guides and help files
- Contributing to blogs and online forums as necessary
Desirable Industry and Contextual Experience and Skills
- Experience of production planning / supply chain planning / ERP / shop floor systems (MES)
- Experience of producing detailed process models to display complex information
- Understanding of software development process, specifically SCRUM and Agile.
- Experience in story mapping including the breakdown of Epics into Features and User Stories
- Experience in using Azure DevOps or similar to maintain and prioritise product backlogs
- Comfortable with change in delivery goals, timelines and priorities
- Experience in the fashion / garment / textiles / footwear industry as a manager of Production, Planning & Control (PPC), Sales, Merchandising, Production, Supply Chain, or IT
- Experience in working with and communicating to offshore development teams.
- Basic understanding of coding practices and database structures
- Formal Business Analyst qualification such as CBAP/CCBA