About Coats Digital
Coats Digital is the software business of Coats Group (FTSE 250) the world’s leading industrial thread company delivering innovation, digital solutions and sustainable value to c. 40,000 customers in over 100 countries around the globe.
We leverage deep industry and technology expertise to create business critical software solutions specifically for fashion brands, retailers and manufacturers delivering tangible improvements in speed/ agility, productivity/cost, and sustainability across the end-to-end supply chain. Our industry leading solutions allow customers to optimize, connect and accelerate key processes from design and development, to costing, sourcing and production planning and control.
Coats Digital supports customers on the digital transformation journey, solving their key pain points in the supply chain, which is critical to achieving their strategic objectives. Specialist, business critical solutions, created for fashion businesses and proven to deliver significant, measurable, and sustainable improvements in operational and financial performance, while concurrently delivering on compliance and CSR commitments.
Coats Digital Customer Operations
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for a direct customer engagement role in the customer successes team driving value for all existing Coats Digital products with existing clients. He/ She will be assigned a country to optimize the existing and post-go-live customer relationship with the teams in the Country. The CSM will lead all team members (+virtual team) to give world-class Customer experience. The CSM takes ultimate responsibility to ensure the yearly objectives defined by his / her line manager are met by the teams in the country.
The focus of the role is to drive successful adoption of our solutions (with local teams), ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, and expand the use of our digital offerings. The SCSM also serves as a point of escalation for all customer questions, issues, and feedback.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the fashion industry including PPC, PLM, and Supply Chain processes and supporting software ideally in a SaaS business. Client-facing & commercial experience is essential with previous experience in a Customer Success or Account Management role being desirable, identifying potential cross sales and up sale opportunities to share with the relevant sales team.
The role in the customer success team drives business for all existing Coats Digital products with both new and existing clients in the assigned country.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
- Responsible for leading and influencing the customer relationship at the most senior level of the customer organization.
- Maintain a highly collaborative and positive relationship with the customer and with internal teams to ensure quality solution delivery and support.
- Own the overall customer experience across all product touchpoints.
- Senior-level relationship ownership and management.
- Measure and monitor advocacy using relevant tools and scoring (e.g. NPS/CSAT)
- Provide leadership and insight into customers’ objectives, processes, and technology roadmaps.
- Mentor the team in all commercial aspects of the role including chasing overdue AMC renewals. Protect and ensure customers renew their AMC contracts by getting value through the software purchased whilst having an exceptional experience.
- Represent Coats Digital at trade exhibitions, events, and shows
- Respond to RFP documents
- Maintain a healthy sales pipeline of sufficient value to ensure that the sales target is achieved with a minimum of 300% of software licenses
- Quickly getting up to speed on Coats Digital products and customer success & sales processes/plays.
- Managing the entire end to end Customer Success process from customer engagement and opportunity generation through business process evaluation.
- Lead generation activities, including the identification and qualification of cross sales and up sales, key decision-makers, and influencers, via systematic process evaluation and feeding information into CRM database
Education, Qualifications and Experience
(Include skills and competencies required to perform the role competently)
- Fluent in the main language of the territory
- Experience in consultative, B2B software and solutions sales up to C-Suite and in large, complex global businesses.
- A proven and consistent track record of customer success management and Sales experience
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- Proven software solution selling skills
- Strong communication and people skills, including face to face, over the telephone, and in writing; confident in dealing with individuals at various levels in an organization.
- Hunter mentality, proactive and independent, willing to go the extra mile.
- Strong desire to excel in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Able to work and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically adept and capable of learning new software.
- A capable and independent operator, with a high level of personal ‘drive’ and ‘ownership’, but also the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Systematic and process-driven with an analytical approach to problem-solving/overcoming barriers. Ability to listen and interpret user needs (apart from user wants) and provide workable solutions to problems
- Willingness to learn technical detail and present/demonstrate software effectively.
- High personal standards, integrity, and attention to detail, able to demonstrate effective judgment and decision making.
- A willingness to travel throughout the territory and beyond as required.
- Background knowledge and/or direction of the fashion industry, including current market dynamics, also the positioning and value of supply chain solutions (and/or similar) solutions in this environment.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant supply chain software solutions e.g. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) / Merchandise Planning, ERP, Production Planning, 3D, CAD, Quality.
- Experience of using Microsoft Solutions including Dynamics CRM.