Find out more about the role
It is the implementation consultant’s responsibility to successfully install, configure, implement and provide training for the Coats Digital software suite for a client.
The Implementation Consultant must understand the client’s requirements, as well as industry best practice and software capability, translating these into the optimum software configuration, whilst being mindful of a client’s business processes (both as-is and to-be). The configuration must therefore support, streamline and enhance these processes to enable the client to demonstrate a strong return-on-investment (ROI). The Implementation Consultant must show an awareness of cost, speed and efficiency drivers both internally and client side.
The implementation consultant will work closely with the Project Manager and contribute to:
- The definition of scope for the project using appropriate project documentation i.e. PID, Business Process, Blueprint and Solution Design
- The delivery project plan
- All other project controls as defined by the Project Manager to include the Project Log, Visit Reports etc.
The implementation consultant will become an expert in the fashion supply chain and suite of Coats Digital products keeping pace with development
The role will be office based but with frequent local and overseas travel to carry out software implementation within the defined region. In addition, there may be a requirement for long-haul travel to support implementation projects led by other regional teams.
Key Accountabilities & Key Activities:
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Project Delivery
- Own the assigned implementation work packages throughout the project
- Work with the Project Manager to build a delivery project plan that delivers to the clients timelines and stays in budget.
- Identify and document project issues, suggest and own corrective actions, escalating at the appropriate stage and as required.
- Take responsibility, in conjunction with the Project Manager, for the scheduling of visits to support the successful delivery of the required project activities in line with the project plan.
- Lead internal and client workshops to ensure thorough analysis and understanding of client business processes and requirements, evidenced through the production of process maps and solution design documentation.
- Present to clients the Fast React software, demonstrating a strong understanding of the client and industry issues it helps to solve, and ‘bringing the solution to life’.
- Provide detailed client training schedules considering all delegates capabilities and gain training signoff as part of the overall project signoff.
- Successfully deliver client training on the Fast React software, demonstrating a logical approach, focussing on the client’s business processes, utilising terminology relevant to the client and industry, being sensitive at all stages to different learning styles
- Provide support to the client during both the User Acceptance and Go Live phases of the project guiding them through the recommended process and sign-off stages.
- Ensure that software modifications and bugs reported by clients or discovered during implementation are logged onto the appropriate systems, and resolved in a timely manner to ensure on time project delivery.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Communication
- Communicate effectively with and build strong working relationships with clients and internal employees at all levels.
- Communicate the designed solution process flow with an emphasis on usability and business benefits.
- Deliver software training effectively to ensure engagement and understanding taking into account different learning styles.
- Articulate and document technical requirements to the Product Team, ensuring any software enhancements meet the end-user requirements and are delivered in the most effective manner.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Administration & Documentation
- Support the writing of, and where agreed with the Project Manager, own internal and client-facing documentation.
- Ensure any key documents (including training materials) are kept up to date, version controlled and formatted in a professional way and to the agreed Coats Digital guidelines.
- Ensure all systems are kept up to date and implementation/project control processes are adhered to.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Analysis
- Draw out client requirements utilising a variety of techniques including:
- Direct questioning
- Pain-chain/Root Cause analysis
- Is, does, means
- Business process walkthroughs
- Extracting from client-own documentation
- Visio diagram mapping
- Understand client requirements whilst offering solutions in line with the software capability plus offering best practice options.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives and execute client facing activities to ensure clients continue to get the most from their Coats Digital solution.
- Assist in presales activities to support the Commercial Teams when preparing for customer software demonstrations and workshops.
- Cover/help with support if called upon, prioritising and responding to clients in an appropriate manner.
- Write test scripts and run tests on development changes made, as well as regression test, existing functionality where applicable.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with clients and internal employees at all levels.
- Experience (2yrs+) in customer-facing roles.
- Ability to produce excellent client-facing materials covering solution design, technical requirements and training materials.
- Logical approach to tasks and problem solving.
- Sufficiently ‘hands on’ and technical to be able to quickly learn to configure the Coats Digital software and fully understand the contextual use of the solution.
- Experience of client-facing workshops and process analysis and improvement.
- Experience of delivering client-facing training.
- Experience of PLM / supply chain planning / ERP / Shop Floor systems.
- Experience of software implementation and support
- Experience in the fashion / garment / textiles / footwear industry as a manager of Production, Planning & Control (PPC), Sales, Merchandising, Production, Supply Chain or IT
- Experience of SaaS Delivery
- Basic understanding and scripting to administer SQL Databases
- Basic understanding of IIS Configuration