About Coats Digital
Coats Digital ( https://www.coatsdigital.com/ ) is the software business of Coats Group (FTSE 250) the world’s leading industrial thread company delivering innovation, digital solutions and sustainable value to c. 40,000 customers in over 100 countries around the globe.
We leverage deep industry and technology expertise to create business critical software solutions specifically for fashion brands, retailers and manufacturers delivering tangible improvements in speed/agility, productivity/cost and sustainability across the end-to-end supply chain. Our industry leading solutions allow customers to optimize, connect and accelerate key processes from design and development, to costing, sourcing and production planning and control.
Coats Digital supports customers on the digital transformation journey, solving their key pain points in the supply chain, which is critical to achieving their strategic objectives. Specialist, business critical solutions, created for fashion businesses and proven to deliver significant, measurable and sustainable improvements in operational and financial performance, while concurrently delivering on compliance and CSR commitments.
This is a key global role within the Coats Digital marketing team, reporting to the Global Marketing Director. The Junior Product Marketing Manager will help Coats Digital extend its leadership position in the fashion supply chain industry by executing the product marketing strategy and ensuring that the product positioning and messaging differentiates us effectively, presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and drive engagement.
The primary focus of the role is to support the product marketing function to develop and deliver world class marketing and sales collateral, for both the Coats Digital brand and products, supporting marketing team colleagues and the global sales team to drive pipeline generation and ultimately sales. The role involves crafting compelling messages for different personas, suitable for various marketing channels. Marketing content and assets may include but are not limited to: website copy; product briefs; sales enablement tools such as proposals and presentations; campaign and ABM material, market / competitor research-driven intelligence and go to market / execution assets e.g. sales plays. This role also includes responsibility for developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with brand and creative guidelines.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities:
- Support the Global Marketing Director in developing the Coats Digital brand and product marketing strategy to deliver and constantly refine, target-audience- focused marketing and sales collateral (assets), that are relevant and compelling.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that execution plans for assets are focused on delivering global, regional and product-based business targets for lead generation and sales.
- Support any product launches with updating of existing or creation of new assets to support the regional GTM plans. Work with a product marketing partner to define the launch plan and contribute to product messaging workshops to identify key differentiation angles in the marketplace.
- Support the PR and Communications Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager in developing content for customer engagement programmes which support continuous nurturing of the prospect / customer journey and align with team goals.
- Identify and propose new approaches to content which drive the digital transformation of the industry, and positively positions and differentiates Coats Digital and our products.
- Ensure visibility and accountability for activity, progress and outcomes.
Brand / Product Marketing
- Work with the Global Marketing Director to agree priorities, briefs and timeline for delivery of assets; lead execution in line with agreed briefs and timelines.
- Manage the maintenance and updates of templates for sales PowerPoints and proposals, as well as agreed supporting materials.
- Conduct account-specific research, reviewing annual reports and other freely accessible content to determine key challenges and business drivers within ABM target accounts. Craft key account-specific messages and content that will be used for ABM programmes, working with the Marketing Campaigns Manager.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to establish a feedback loop for actual performance metrics of website content, ensuring that this feeds into specific and agreed refinements to assets.
- Support the PR and Communications Manager with the development of customer collateral, including case studies and press releases.
- Manage the development of new customer video testimonials. Collaborate with the customer success team and local videographers to record in-person interviews and capture some onsite footage. Be the primary contact during the development process; conduct a practise run with the customer in a conf call to ensure they are completely comfortable. Ensure videos comply with our brand guidelines and adhere to the filming guide and video structure, as specified in the Video Kit Toolkit.
- Identify other techniques that can be used to capture shorter customer testimonials (much quicker), such as using Teams to record a short video, then editing to the desired length, possibly incorporating stock video footage.
- Research, deliver and maintain brand / competitor research matrix, to inform positioning and competitor plays.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with brand, product and creative guidelines including where applicable ‘tone of voice’.
- Maintain a single repository for all brand/product assets.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes with standard operating procedures and documentation.
- Undertake, as requested, other activities that may be outside of your area of focus but contribute to the overall success of Coats Digital.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Significant experience in a SaaS B2B marketing role, including demand generation and/or field marketing, preferably in an international environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience successfully managing and delivering online and offline marketing projects.
- Proven track record of successful and significant contribution to the achievement of marketing KPIs.
- Creative and able to use Adobe Illustrator (Ai), to design and create online and offline assets.
- Strong copy writing skills and content generation experience .
- Effective use of a Content Management System (CMS)
- Excellent communication and people skills whether face to face, over the telephone or in writing.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and has the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, geographies and cultures
- Highly organised individual with excellent time management skills, able to effectively prioritise and plan workload.
- High personal standards and attention to detail.
- Good judgement and decision making.
- Self-motivated and highly driven.
- Able to analyse data and clearly communicate outcomes, business insights and make recommendations.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM System
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent marketing related qualification
- Background knowledge and / or experience of the fashion industry supply chain
- Previous experience with a software solutions business (e.g. planning, ERP, manufacturing, PLM, etc.)
- Digital marketing experience and skills in PPC and SEO
- Video editing skills
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of Hubspot
- Solid appreciation of working in a fast moving, hyper growth environment
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn