Find out more about the role
Coats Digital is a market-leading provider of business critical software solutions for the fashion supply chain. As part of Coats Group, the world’s leading industrial thread company with more than 250 years’ heritage, we are passionate about delivering solutions that will make a better, more transparent and sustainable world.
This is an exciting time to join the Coats Digital global marketing team in this newly created role. Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, we’re looking for a true communicator, someone who has a strong interest in the media, will enjoy working across communications and public relations day-to-day, is comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and has an audience first approach.
The PR and Communications Manager will manage the external voice of Coats Digital on corporate social channels and in key target media, as well as utilising other relevant external channels to amplify our reach, such as trade associations.
The key tasks in your new and exciting role with us:
- Work with the Marketing Director to create and implement a PR and communications strategy and plans to engage, influence, and deliver business outcomes in line with the organisation’s goals.
- Identify relevant communication opportunities and topics in our key markets and help implement impactful communication plans which help to raise our profile in key markets and support the growth of our business in our core markets globally.
- Work with the Marketing Director to identify, plan and execute Thought Leadership campaigns that resonate with a variety of audiences.
- Develop compelling written content for PR purposes, including press releases, case studies, award entries, media alerts and articles / editorials in English, review and edit thought leadership content written by SME’s to ensure messaging alignment and brand consistency.
- Be a corporate PR ambassador, maintaining and updating the organisation’s external narrative to help ensure one-voice-policy across our various markets where Coats Digital is active.
- Develop and own the corporate social-media calendar, content plan and postings on LinkedIn and other relevant channels for targeted key stakeholder group engagement.
- Be responsible for creating and managing monthly reports on PR results and activity as well as maintaining the PR planning and coverage tracking sheets.
- Act as the internal communications gatekeeper to ensure that all companywide internal communications are accurate, constructed to a high standard and in line with any regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Marketing Director to build and manage a wide variety of stakeholders including industry groups, associations, journalists and influencers.
- Responsible for building new and nurturing existing media contacts, amplifying awareness throughout our primary trade publications.
- Scope to introduce an analyst relations programme in key territories, where relevant.
- Undertake, as requested, other activities that may be outside of your area of focus but contribute to the overall success of Coats Digital.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience in corporate PR (in-house/ agency), preferably in an international environment
- Exceptional copywriting skills, with evidence of a successful track record in effectively developing and delivering written content for a variety of audiences across a range of traditional and digital channels (including social media). Fluent English a must
- Experienced and emotionally intelligent, able to understand both communication goals as well as commercial
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and take forward opportunities
- Proven track record of landing positive corporate coverage in business and trade media, achieving significant PR impact and share of voice
- A multi-tasking self-starter who is confident liaising with a wide-range of stakeholders and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written with the ability to engage at all levels and functions
- A team player who wants to grow within their role, while partnering and collaborating effectively across the organisation, geographies and cultures
- Ability to work independently and as as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and high personal standards.
- Organised with the ability to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent marketing related qualification
- Familiarity with WeChat and B2B channels to market in China
- Experience of fashion and textile industry
- Respect and knowledge of the fundamentals of PR and SEO and how they integrate