This is a key global role within the Coats Digital marketing team, reporting to the Global Marketing Director. The Product Marketing Manager will help Coats Digital extend its leadership position in the fashion supply chain industry by developing and executing the product marketing strategy and ensuring that the product positioning and messaging differentiates us effectively, presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and drive engagement. The Product Marketing Manager will also manage budget, a team and performance against agreed KPIs.
The primary focus of the role is to develop and deliver world class marketing and sales collateral, for both the Coats Digital brand and products, supporting marketing team colleagues and the global sales team to drive pipeline generation and ultimately sales. The role involves crafting compelling messages for different personas, suitable for various marketing channels. Marketing content and assets may include but are not limited to: website copy; product briefs; sales enablement tools such as proposals and presentations; market / competitor research-driven intelligence and go to market / execution assets e.g. sales plays. This role also includes responsibility for developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with brand and creative guidelines.
Working alongside the Marketing Campaigns Manager, the Product Marketing Manager will support the development of marketing campaigns and ABM programmes that get us noticed (and ultimately to the decision-making table) to drive pipeline and revenue.
- Develop Coats Digital brand and product marketing strategy to deliver and constantly refine, target-audience- focused marketing and sales collateral (assets), that are relevant and compelling.
- Work closely with the marketing colleagues to ensure strategy and execution plans for new assets are focused on delivering global, regional and product-based business targets for lead generation and sales.
- Develop and refine the Coats Digital Manifesto and Customer Value Proposition (CVP) for brand and products to ensure clear alignment of collateral and content.
- Work with the PR and Communications Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager to develop content strategy for customer engagement programmes which support continuous nurturing of the prospect / customer journey and align with team goals.
- Propose allocation of budget in line with strategic priorities and control actual spend vs budget for brand and product marketing.
- Identify and propose new approaches to content which drive the digital transformation of the industry, and positively positions and differentiates Coats Digital and our products.
- Define, agree and implement KPIs and reporting to ensure visibility and accountability for activity, progress and outcomes.
- Work with the Global Marketing Director and Marketing Campaigns Manager to define campaigns and ABM programmes that will positively impact pipeline growth within key target accounts and deliver business outcomes in line with the organisation’s goals.
Brand / Product Marketing
- Work with the Marketing Director to agree priorities, briefs and timeline for delivery of assets; lead execution in line with agreed briefs and timelines.
- Work with Product Owners to ensure visibility of the development roadmap for the concerned products, including release of upgrades and new functionality. Lead development into themes and agree go to market plan for content with Marketing Director.
- Manage the maintenance and updates of templates for sales PowerPoints and proposals, as well as agreed supporting materials.
- Support the development of end-to-end ABM campaigns and associated assets, including account-specific solution guides, landing pages and LI ads, targeting fashion brands and garment manaufacturers, utilising various channels including digital advertising, direct mail, in-person events and more.
- Lead the provision of core content and supporting materials for events, exhibitions and seminars.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to establish a feedback loop for actual performance metrics of any given campaign and ensure that this feeds into specific and agreed refinements to assets.
- Drive and manage the development and execution of the internal communications plan for brand / product marketing activities, taking feed-in and ideas from other functions, to drive awareness across multiple stakeholders including Coats GET, Global Accounts and Marketing.
- Research, deliver and maintain brand / competitor research matrix, to inform positioning and competitor plays.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with brand, product and creative guidelines including where applicable ‘tone of voice’.
- Build and maintain a single repository for all brand/product assets.
- Brief and manage external agencies on projects as and where required.
- Project manage execution with SMART objectives and clear allocation of tasks based on agreed priorities, resources and timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes with standard operating procedures and documentation.
- Undertake, as requested, other activities that may be outside of your area of focus but contribute to the overall success of Coats Digital.
- Set SMART goals for team and manage performance to ensure on time, on cost and in full delivery of key workstreams and ultimately team and business KPIs.
- Complete regular 1-2-1s and team meetings as part of business rhythm to foster strong communication, team spirit and confirm individual and team trajectory, identifying and taking any actions which may be required.
- Build, manage, lead, develop and grow a high performing team, with clear plans for personal and professional development, as well as succession planning.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience in a SaaS B2B marketing role, including demand generation and/or field marketing, preferably in an international environment
- Experience with successfully managing and delivering online and offline marketing projects.
- Proven track record of successful and significant contribution to the achievement of marketing KPIs.
- Creative and able to use Adobe Illustrator (Ai), to design and create online and offline assets.
- Digital marketing experience and skills in PPC, SEO and Adwords, Google Analytics etc.
- Strong copy writing skills and content generation experience .
- Effective use of a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience of managing within agreed marketing budget.
- Excellent communication and people skills whether face to face, over the telephone or in writing.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and has the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, geographies and cultures
- Highly organised individual with excellent time management skills, able to effectively prioritise and plan workload.
- High personal standards and attention to detail.
- Good judgement and decision making.
- Self-motivated and highly driven.
- Able to analyse data and clearly communicate outcomes, business insights and make recommendations.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM System.
- A willingness to travel (when permitted), mainly within in the UK but occasionally overseas.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent marketing related qualification
- Experience of direct team and matrix management
- Experience of strategic and budget planning
- Background knowledge and / or experience of the fashion industry supply chain
- Previous experience with a software solutions business (e.g. planning, ERP, manufacturing, PLM, etc.)
- Experience of a working in a rapidly growing business.