Find out more about the role
We are seeking a Project Manager who is a driven individual, with proven experience in garment and textile manufacturing, who embraces new technology and understands the role of digitalization in the fashion industry.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and knowledge of production planning, garment and textile manufacturing, supply chain and supporting software and technology. Experience of managing software implementations into businesses, ideally manufacturing is highly desirable.
This is a senior delivery role, with a view to supporting the accelerated growth of the Bangladesh market and therefore the Project Manager needs to be able to operate with high autonomy and demonstrate leadership skills in addition to being confident and articulate when liaising with Customer’s Senior Team.
Principal accountabilities and key activities
- Reporting to the Professional Services Manager, you are responsible for defining and overseeing the project management process, playing a direct role in the day to day management and implementation of assigned projects, and supporting implementation consultants where they are playing a lead role.
- The Project Manager works closely with the client, and the Coats Digital team to ensure successful project delivery. A successful project is one which ensures customer satisfaction through on time, on cost and in full delivery of a solution, and such that it makes a real difference to a client’s business performance and allows Coats Digital to deliver on its own financial commitments. Throughout the project lifecycle the Project Manager demonstrates awareness of cost, speed, and efficiency drivers, (both internally and client side), as well as commercial influences, adapting accordingly.
- The Project Manager must understand the client’s requirements, as well as industry best practice and software capability, translating these into the Coats Digital software configuration and project plan, whilst being mindful of a client’s business processes (both as-is and to-be). The configuration must support, streamline, and enhance these processes to enable the client to demonstrate a strong return-on-investment (ROI). The project plan must be aligned to the client’s plan, Coats Digital resources, and targets, and should include all the activities required to deliver the solution.
The Project Manager needs to identify and control/manage:
- Project scope and client expectations
- The time required to deliver the project
- Cost of delivery (efficiency)
- Resources required
- Quality of delivery
- All dependencies on the project
- All identified issues and risk
The Project Manager will become an expert in the fashion supply chain, project management and Coats Digital products keeping pace with development
Education, qualifications and experience
You must excel at:
- Communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with clients and internal employees at all levels.
- Articulate and document technical requirements to the development team, ensuring the solution meets the client requirements and is delivered in the most effective manner.
- Good stakeholder management client-side and internally.
- Give compelling presentations up to and including board level.
- Write, own, and support internal and client-facing documentation. Ensure any key documentation is kept up to date, version
- controlled and formatted in a professional way meeting the agreed Coats Digital guidelines.
- Ensure that all necessary client data is up to date within CRM to help share essential information and drive key reports.
- Sufficiently ‘hands on’ and technical to be able to quickly learn to configure the Coats Digital software and fully understand the contextual use of the solution
Draw out client requirements utilising a variety of techniques including:
- Direct questioning
- Pain-chain analysis
- ‘Is, does, means’
- Business process walk-throughs
- Extracting from client-own documentation
- Visio diagram mapping
Understand client requirements whilst offering solutions in line with the software capability plus offering best practice options.
- Lead and contribute to the delivery of the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, subsequently to manage scope and client expectations.
- Create and deliver project plans, determining, communicating, and working towards clear milestones (internal and client side), and revising these as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Successfully run internal and client workshops and evidence output.
- Manage change to project scope, project schedule, and project costs, working with Implementation Consultants to ensure that man days sold vs man days consumed are tracked and any potential discrepancy to the days sold (under/over) is identified in advance, with corrective action taken wherever possible.
- Take responsibility for the scheduling of visits to support the successful delivery of the required project activities in line with the project plan.
- Present to clients the Coats Digital solution, demonstrating a strong understanding of the client and industry issues it helps to solve, and ‘bringing the solution to life’.
- Provide detailed client training schedules considering all delegates capabilities and gain training signoff as part of the overall project signoff.
- Successfully deliver client training on the Coats Digital software, demonstrating a logical approach, focussing on the client’s business processes, utilising terminology relevant to the client and industry, being sensitive at all stages to different learning styles.
- Provide support to the client during both the User Acceptance and Go Live phases of the project guiding them through the recommended process and signoff stages.
- Identify and document project issues, suggest and own corrective actions, escalating at the appropriate stage and as required.
- Ensure that software modifications and bugs reported by clients or discovered during implementation are logged onto the appropriate systems and resolved in a timely manner to ensure on time project delivery.
- Write test scripts and run tests on development changes made, as well as regression test, existing functionality where applicable.
- Discern the need for escalation and suggest solutions where appropriate.
- Run multiple clients at different delivery stages, equally maintaining a professional approach to, and quality management of, each of the clients.
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives and execute client facing activities to ensure clients continue to get the most from the Coats Digital solution.
- Cover/help with support if called upon, prioritising and responding to clients in an appropriate manner.
- Work closely with the implementation team and co-ordinate workload and priorities.
- Help to manage priorities and co-ordinate with other internal teams along with the client’s project team.
Desirable Industry and Contextual Experience and Skills
- Experience in the fashion / garment / textiles / footwear industry as a manager of Production, Planning & Control (PPC), Sales,
- Merchandising, Production, Supply Chain or IT
- Experience of Coats Digital Software Suite – FastReactPlan / GSDCost / IntelloCut / IntelloBuy / VisionPLM
- Experience of software supporting production planning / supply chain planning / ERP / Shop Floor systems / PLM
- Experience of software implementation and support/customer success