The Sales Director needs to be a proven leader, exhibiting an entrepreneurial mindset, with a strong track record in sales delivery, a history of building and leading teams and excellent interpersonal skills to take a hands on approach in ensuring that the strategic drivers from the global plan are executed in country, across marketing, sales, Coats and partner led initiatives.
The sales director is fully responsible for the revenue contribution of the region, covering software and services to new and existing customers. The role requires the direct management of the senior and junior sales reports, and the ability to collaborate cross functionally with the technology and VAR partners, professional services, customer success and solution consulting teams to ensure a consistent, profitable and exceptional customer experience is delivered.
The sales director should be a highly competent sales executive who consistently converts complex opportunities within new and existing customers into sales. He or she should be comfortable presenting both internally and externally to senior stake holders and drive collaboration across the business to drive excellence in the customer experience.
Quickly getting up to speed on Coats Digital products and sales processes / plays.
Recruiting, training, developing, retaining and leading a successful regional sales team, ensuring that all staff have clear and measurable objectives, follow SOPs and company policy, and consistently deliver sales targets.
Directly and with your team, manage the entire end to end business development process from lead generation through to close, including:
- Lead generation activities, including the identification and qualification of prospects, key decision makers and influencers, via research, cold calling and email follow up; feeding information into CRM database
- Making contact with prospects the objective of securing sales appointments with targeted companies.
- Represent Coats Digital at trade exhibitions, events and shows
- Respond to RFI documents
- Maintain a sales pipeline of sufficient value to ensure that the sales target is achieved – minimum 300% of software licenses.
- Maintain details of all sales activities and prospect status in the CRM system. Maintaining full, accurate and up to date information relating to the latest status of all sales prospects in CRM including, the sales stage, copies of any visit reports, proposal documents etc., also as the sales process progresses, the likely value of each sale, probability and expected ‘closing’ date of the sale.
- Conduct initial sales meetings / presentations to build credibility, understand prospect needs and demonstrate our capabilities.
- Conduct discovery sessions with prospect to understand current process and identify problems/issues with existing processes (Pain Chain/business process analysis)
- Review findings of discovery sessions and agree structure/scope of custom demo, building custom demos (with pre-sales support) and presenting them to prospects as required
- Create client proposals
- Prospect follow up, negotiation and close (ensuring that the terms of the software license agreement are acceptable to both parties)
- Ensure all issues discovered during the pre-sales cycle are effectively documented in pre-sales notes. To ensure that any potential issues can be communicated to the ops team.
- Completion of sales contracts and other required documentation
- Obtain a press release and an agreement for a case study for all successful sales
- Brief operations team with proposed client solution during Internal Kick Off meeting, ensure that the summary pre-sales notes are fully understood, for a ‘fast-start’ to the project.
- Attend External Kick Off meeting to ensure continuity between sales and operations
- Any other reasonable duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
Collaboration and Advisory responsibilities
In addition to the main duties and responsibilities, the Sales Director will assume an increasingly active role in contributing to the regional company-wide growth strategy, where appropriate. This will include a strong contribution to the monthly and quarterly business development plan. This will also include multi-year growth projections, strategic priorities, investment recommendations, suitable business case submissions etc., plus the preparation and submission of annual sales and cost budgets for review and approval by the Coats Senior Sales Director.
The Sales Director will be supported in the market by the other functional teams and will be required to collaborate with them to achieve Coats Digitals’ overall goals
- Marketing – provide feedback to the Coats Digital marketing team for any changes required on the marketing strategy and content for your local market.
- The Strategic Sales team are working with the major Brands to position our new solutions and where possible the entire portfolio. Where needed you will collaborate by providing the necessary information and assistance.
- Work with HR to effectively manage your team, succession plan and bench of resources to ensure consistent sales delivery.
- Ensure compliance with Coats Group policy.