Find out more about the role
To develop and maintain all applications in order to enhance existing software functionality whilst ensuring delivery to agreed standards in a timely manner.
Responsible for building scalable techniques and processes for data storage, transformation, and analysis.
- Designing and Developing native Cloud applications
- Develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions within the organisation.
- Build scalable architectures for data storage, transformation and analysis.
- Build and execute data warehousing, mining and modelling activities using agile development techniques.
- Leading big data projects successfully from scratch to production.
- Collaborate and work with Machine learning
- Ensure and Maintain the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the product applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and fixing solutions to these problems
- Contribute in project estimations, system architecture & performance engineering.
- Convert requirement specifications into High Level and Low Level Software Architecture design
- Build and maintain QA/UAT and production releases and related documentation.
- Obsessed with customer focus and a complete sense of ownership and accountability.
- Report progress, challenges and risks at regular intervals.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced with SaaS application design patterns and practices.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Must have good programming experience in Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with Apache Spark is a must
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cosmos DB, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with various messaging systems
- Some experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Experience developing software in a SOA / microservices paradigm.
- Experience in designing and implementing REST based APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Some experience in GIT, CI and CD using Azure Devops
- Must be able to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Experience/exposure to Azure Cloud
- Cosmos DB
- Agile development methodologies / DevOps practices.
- Familiarity with the Vue.js / ReactJS/ AngularJS ecosystem
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Be part of a team player