To develop and maintain all Delphi applications in order to enhance existing software functionality whilst ensuring delivery to agreed standards in a timely manner.
- Take agreed enhancement specifications and update the software to work as required, paying attention to the robustness and performance of any modification and the implications on existing functionality
- Consider requests for new functionality and propose solutions to satisfy the requirement without compromising existing functionality
- Investigate issues reported with the software to confirm the fault is genuine and subsequently modify the software to rectify the fault
- Adhere to the Company coding standards and development processes, including commenting of code changes so the intention can be understood by other developers.
- Provide outline notes of any modifications made, to aid understanding by QA and Support and to be incorporated into the software documentation
- Manage time effectively to meet agreed timescales
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Prior experience of developing with Delphi, including a broad understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- An aptitude and inquisitive nature to become familiar with the functions of the software product.
- Excellent written English / communication skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL.
- Using DLL’s in Delphi.