About Coats Digital
Coats Digital ( https://www.coatsdigital.com/ ) is the software business of Coats Group (FTSE 250) the world’s leading industrial thread company delivering innovation, digital solutions and sustainable value to c. 40,000 customers in over 100 countries around the globe.
We leverage deep industry and technology expertise to create business critical software solutions specifically for fashion brands, retailers and manufacturers delivering tangible improvements in speed/agility, productivity/cost and sustainability across the end-to-end supply chain. Our industry leading solutions allow customers to optimize, connect and accelerate key processes from design and development, to costing, sourcing and production planning and control.
Coats Digital supports customers on the digital transformation journey, solving their key pain points in the supply chain, which is critical to achieving their strategic objectives. Specialist, business critical solutions, created for fashion businesses and proven to deliver significant, measurable and sustainable improvements in operational and financial performance, while concurrently delivering on compliance and CSR commitments.
At Coats Digital, we build SaaS (Software as a Service) applications running on Azure built with continuous delivery using the latest .NET technologies. Our customers work in the fashion industry (Brands and Manufactures), and we help them in several fields like planning, costing, scientific calculations and optimising their operations. As a Software Developer, you will be part of a team that builds and maintains our application ecosystems. In that team you will be working alongside QA, DevOps and Product professionals.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
- Build cloud-native applications using modern .NET (C#) technologies.
- Participate in project planning, software design, and DevOps build activities.
- Contribute to the refinement of user stories into appropriate designs, code, and unit tests.
- Maintain application documentation.
- Adhere to the processes and standards set out by the team.
- Report progress, challenges, and risks at regular intervals.
- Become a reliable and effective member of the team.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Have some formal technology training or prior commercial experience.
- Demonstrable database skills.
- An understanding of OO and design patterns.
- Be analytical and have great problem-solving skills.
- Open to learning modern technology/languages and taking advantage of our training budgets.
- Understand SaaS application design patterns and practices.
- Working experience of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD).
- Willing to be part of a team.
- Azure DevOps or GitHub experience.
- Fashion industry experience.
- Manufacturing experience.
- 0-2 Years