To develop and maintain all Ruby applications in order to enhance existing software functionality whilst ensuring delivery to agreed standards in a timely manner.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
- Designing and Developing native Cloud applications
- Ensure and Maintain the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the product applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and fixing solutions to these problems
- Contribute in project estimations, system architecture & performance engineering.
- Convert requirement specifications into High Level and Low Level Software Architecture design
- Build and maintain QA/UAT and production releases and related documentation.
- Obsessed with customer focus and a complete sense of ownership and accountability.
- Report progress, challenges and risks at regular intervals.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- 3-6 years of total experience
- Experienced with SaaS application design patterns and practices.
- Experienced and hands on Ruby, MVC, Web API, Web Services, SQL queries
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience developing software in a SOA / microservices paradigm.
- Experience in designing and implementing REST based APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Should have strong experience in source control and the best practices associated related to branching, merging and releases.
- Should have good exposure to continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) using tools.
- Must be able to work with the teams to ensure project success within timeline and scope.
- Experience/exposure to Azure Cloud
- Agile development methodologies / DevOps practices.
- Familiarity with the Vue.js / ReactJS/ AngularJS ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Must be a team player
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes