About Coats Digital
Coats Digital, locally enlisted as Fast React Systems, Bangladesh is the software business of Coats Group, the world’s leading industrial thread company and a trusted industry player. We leverage deep industry and technology expertise to create and deliver business critical software solutions which are proven to digitally transform the way fashion companies design, develop, cost, source, plan and manufacture. Our apparel, footwear and textile specific solutions harness industry best practice and the latest technology to improve agility, speed to market, efficiency, transparency and sustainability, and are trusted by brands and manufacturers around the world.
To strengthen our market and achieve the best sales performance in Bangladesh, we are looking dynamic and energetic candidates with a strategic mindset in the position of “Senior Sales Manager”.
Coats Digital Sales
Driving business for all existing Coats Digital products with both new and existing clients in the assigned territory, as well as ensure sales targets are achieved through direct sales and the training, development and management of a focused sales team representing the entire Coats Digital range of solutions and meeting all Sales Based KPIs defined including pipeline cover, new customers, cross sell and up sell motions.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
- Quickly getting up to speed on Coats Digital products and sales processes / plays.
- Developing, retaining and leading a successful, focused sales team, ensuring that all staff have clear and measurable objectives, follow SOPs and company policy, and consistently deliver sales targets and KPI’s.
- Directly and with your team, manage the entire end to end business development process from lead generation through to close, including:
- Lead generation activities, including the identification and qualification of prospects, key decision makers and influencers, via research, cold calling and email follow up, feeding information into CRM database.
- Making contact with prospects the objective of securing sales appointments with targeted companies.
- Represent Coats Digital at trade exhibitions, events and shows.
- Respond to RFI documents.
- Maintain a sales pipeline of sufficient value to ensure that the sales target is achieved – minimum 300% of software licenses.
- Maintain details of all sales activities and prospect status in the CRM system. Maintaining full, accurate and up to date information relating to the latest status of all sales prospects in CRM including, the sales stage, copies of any visit reports, proposal documents etc., also as the sales process progresses, the likely value of each sale, probability and expected ‘closing’ date of the sale.
- Conduct initial sales meetings / presentations to build credibility, understand prospect needs and demonstrate our capabilities.
- Conduct discovery sessions with prospect to understand current process and identify problems/issues with existing processes (Pain Chain/business process analysis).
- Review findings of discovery sessions and agree structure/scope of custom demo, building custom demos (with pre-sales support) and presenting them to prospects as required.
- Create client proposals.
- Prospect follow up, negotiation and close (ensuring that the terms of the software license agreement are acceptable to both parties).
- Ensure all issues discovered during the pre-sales cycle are effectively documented in pre-sales notes. To ensure that any potential issues can be communicated to the ops team.
- Completion of sales contracts and other required documentation.
- Obtain a press release and an agreement for a case study for all successful sales.
- Brief operations team with proposed client solution during Internal Kick Off meeting, ensure that the summary pre-sales notes are fully understood, for a ‘fast-start’ to the project.
- Attend External Kick Off meeting to ensure continuity between sales and operations.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- Internal – Coats Digital Sales Team, Pre-sales and Project Implementation Teams, Coats Apparel Sales Team.
- External – Customers, Prospects, Institutions related to industry.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
(Include skills and competencies required to perform the role competently)
- Bachelors from reputed institution.
- Around 10 years of experience in Sales. Experience in software sales or other tech-based business sales may have added advantage.
- Fluent communication in English & Bengali.
- Experience of consultative, B2B software and solutions sales up to C-Suite and in large, complex global businesses.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- Best in class sales operating model and sales process management.
- Excellent communication and people skills, including face to face, over the telephone and in writing; confident in dealing with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Hunter mentality, proactive and independent, willing to go the extra mile.
- Strong desire to excel in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Able to work and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically adept and capable of learning new software.
- A capable and independent operator, with a high level of personal ‘drive’ and ‘ownership’, but also the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Systematic and process driven with an analytical approach to problem solving / overcoming barriers. Ability to listen and interpret user needs (apart from user wants) and provide workable solutions to problems.
- Able to combine strategic sales management and ‘hands on’ direct sales activity with the ability and willingness to learn technical detail and present/demonstrate software effectively.
- High personal standards, integrity and attention to detail, able to demonstrate effective judgement and decision making.
- A willingness to travel throughout the territory and beyond as required.
- Background knowledge and / or direct of the fashion industry, including current market dynamics, also the positioning and value of supply chain solutions (and/or similar) solutions in this environment.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant supply chain software solutions e.g. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) / Merchandise Planning, ERP, Production Planning, 3D, CAD, Quality.
- Experience of building, developing and leading successful sales/business development teams, including managing people, setting and managing of budgets etc.
- Experience of using Microsoft Solutions including Dynamics CRM.